ALIVE relies heavily on support from the community to provide our programs and services. ALIVE is registered as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, so gifts to ALIVE are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Please consult your tax advisor to learn more about your eligibility for deductions.
ALIVE offers the Missouri Domestic Violence Shelter Tax Credit program through the State of Missouri:
– Individuals and businesses donating $100 or more per year to ALIVE may qualify for a Domestic Violence Shelter Tax Credit equal to 70 percent of the total donation(s). Click here to learn more and apply to this program or call Debra Cotten at 314.570.1373.
Gifts from Individuals
ALIVE gratefully accepts gifts from individuals in any amount. Gifts are accepted as cash, checks, stock/securities, or by credit card. We welcome general donations, memorial/honorary gifts, and/or funding for a specified program/purpose.
Donations may be made by mail to:
P.O. Box 28733
St. Louis, MO 63146
To donate via credit card, please click the DONATE button or call Debra Cotten at 314.570.1373.
Gifts from Corporations
Businesses may support ALIVE through unrestricted gifts or those earmarked to fund expenses for a specific program. We also offer sponsorships for special events, such as our annual golf tournament, wine tasting, and trivia nights. Please visit our Upcoming Events page for more information.
Donors are encouraged to check with their employers to see if the company has a matching gift program–an easy way to make your donation go even further! Many companies support their employees’ philanthropic efforts by matching all, or a portion of, individual gifts made by employees.
Planned gifts can make a significant impact on the families ALIVE serves and on our shared community. Please contact us for more information about how to include ALIVE in your estate planning.
See ALIVE’s wish list to learn about in-kind donations we can use in our programs and services.
ALIVE is always grateful when organizations recognize the value of the services we provide to the community through support such as cash or in-kind donations or by holding their own third-party events. Some examples include car washes, food collection drives, bake sales, rummage sales, barbecues, or bowl-a-thons. If you would like to create your fundraising event or activity to benefit ALIVE, we request that you contact us for simple guidelines, ideas, and support. Please call or email one of our offices to learn more.
We are also happy to provide your group or organization with a speaker for an upcoming meeting or event. Click here to request a speaker.
ALIVE routinely needs the following items for its Nights of Safety program:
- Juice boxes
- Canned meals with pop-tops: spaghetti, ravioli, soup, noodles, stews
- Individual snacks: crackers, pudding, granola bars, individual fruit servings
- Jars of peanut butter
- Toiletries: toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, deodorant, feminine hygiene products
- Gas cards
- Cab vouchers
- Bus tickets and passes
There is also a regular need for the following office and program supplies:
- Copy paper
- Postage stamps
- Printing and copying services
- Children’s books, coloring books and crayons
- Adult and children’s socks and underwear
At this time, ALIVE is also looking for the following items:
- Hotel or vacation home stays
- Plane ticket
- Gift baskets or other items that can be auctioned off at our fundraising events