Crisis Line and Nights of Safety Shelter
Crisis Line Volunteers are key to effective operation of our, enabling ALIVE maintain our 24-hour support without their help. Individuals who work on the crisis line provide support, information and referrals to individuals calling for assistance. Crisis line advocates assist by answering calls from the ALIVE office during peak call periods or when ALIVE Crisis Intervention Specialists are unavailable. Crisis Line Volunteers engage in extensive training prior to handling calls, and staff backup is available at all times for assistance.
Nights of Safety Volunteers assist by supporting clients in ALIVE’s emergency shelter program with meals, transportation, supplies, and other needs during their time staying in our emergency shelter program. Volunteers help identify daily client needs, assemble individual deliveries to clients, and/or help deliver client food, toiletries, baby supplies, bus passes, gas cards, and more to Nights of Safety motel locations.
Awareness and Outreach
ALIVE’s dedication to increase awareness in order to create a supportive community is so important that it’s part of the agency’s mission statement. Outreach Volunteers help ALIVE spread the word in several ways:
- Staff an information table at a local health fair or other community event to provide participants with resources related to domestic violence and ALIVE.
- Deliver ALIVE information to medical offices, community centers, or other local organizations or businesses in your area.
- Identify and provide relevant content for ALIVE to share via social media, the web site, press releases, blog, or other methods of communication.
- Fundraising Promotion Volunteers help promote fundraising initiatives and upcoming events by distributing/posting flyers, sharing on social media or via email, contacting media/sending press releases, or submitting information to community calendars.
- Fundraising Event Volunteers help plan and/or execute ALIVE fundraising events- our annual golf tournament, wine tasting, bike ride, trivia nights, and others- to secure much-needed funding for and awareness of ALIVE’s critical services.
- Third Party Event Hosts hold fundraising events/initiatives- with family/friends, at the office, or community-wide- and the proceeds support ALIVE. The possibilities are endless- a car wash, casual day, bake sale, food drive, give-back night at a local restaurant, and so many others. ALIVE can help with brainstorming ideas, ALIVE information, and/or customized promotional materials.
Interested in joining ALIVE in the movement to end domestic abuse, restoring safety and peace one family at a time? Just complete the form below and we’ll be in touch. Thank you for your interest and support!