Part-Time Weekend Evening Crisis Intervention Specialist (CIS)
ALIVE is seeking an advocate to support the crisis intervention program, answer the crisis line, and provide case management to domestic abuse victims in our emergency sanctuary. Crisis Intervention Specialists conduct assessments of callers seeking shelter, coordinate the admittance/discharge of clients, develop safety plans, provide referrals and education, document service provision, and collect/report program data. This position will work closely with other team members, including therapists, court advocates, student interns, volunteers, and agency management/administration. Direct services are provided by phone and in person.
Position is located in St. Louis County and will be scheduled an average of 16 hours every other weekend. Shifts will be from 3pm to 11pm or as scheduled.
All positions are included in staff night/holiday crisis line on-call rotation and work additional hours as needed.
- Qualifications: BSW, BA in related field, or equivalent credentials required. Ideal candidate will have experience in social services (domestic violence advocacy work preferred), experience with individuals in crisis, knowledge of domestic violence and community resources, ability to articulate ALIVE’s philosophy of empowerment, and ability to work with diverse populations, particularly those with limited economic resources. Own transportation (not for client transport) and strong organizational and case management skills required.
- Must have a valid US state issued driver’s license, car insurance, a satisfactory driving record, and use of a reliable personal vehicle
- Must be able to work weekends as required by volunteer, community, and/or agency needs.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to use computer and/or tablet technology; including case management software, MS Office applications, e-mail, and other standard or proprietary programs.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and references to email@example.com or to ALIVE, P.O. Box 28733, St. Louis, MO 63146, Attn: Shoneka Burnett.