ALIVE IS SEARCHING FOR AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR!
ALIVE was established 40 years ago as a grassroots initiative, offering emergency shelter to survivors of domestic violence through the kindness of local residents. Today, it has evolved into one of the leading agencies in the St. Louis area. Sadly, our current Executive Director is retiring, and we are seeking a new leader to inspire and motivate ALIVE’s staff, volunteers, board, and the wider St. Louis community with their passion and commitment to fighting domestic violence and supporting survivors. The ideal candidate will be a fierce advocate, comfortable speaking out against injustices affecting any survivor. Our team of dedicated staff is eager to welcome a new member to join us as our Executive Director.
ALIVE provides emergency sanctuary and support services to adults and children impacted by domestic violence. Services include a 24-hour crisis hotline, emergency shelter provided through motel placement, adult individual and group counseling, children’s counseling, legal advocacy, and community education. All services are free and confidential to clients. ALIVE operates its programs out of offices in St. Louis County and Franklin County, Missouri. ALIVE provides services to more than 1,700 adults and children each year.
As the Executive Director of ALIVE, you hold the ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the organization. As part of this, you will collaborate with Board members, Staff, Clients, Donors, and Volunteers in order to fulfill ALIVE’s mission.
- Engage the St. Louis region through education, advocacy, and relationship building to bring resources to support survivors.
- Partner with program staff to ensure participants receive high-quality services and that programs evolve to meet changing needs.
- Work in partnership with the Development Director to increase financial support from the individual donor base, corporate giving, foundational giving and grants.
- Establish a positive and strong organizational culture that supports the staff of ALIVE.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, evaluate, and terminate staff while ensuring compliance with employment laws.
- Manage budgeting, payroll, and accounting tasks while ensuring compliance with grant accounting requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and tools to overcome barriers.
- Exceptional fundraising skills, including proven experience in major gifts, donor cultivation, individual, corporate, and foundation solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- A resume which demonstrates you can excel in all aspects of the job with the support of the board and staff
- Previous experience in personnel supervision and evaluation
- A track record showing a commitment to support all survivors as well as an understanding of how social identities interacts with the experience of survivors
- Master’s Degree in a related field plus 5 years of experience in key leadership and management positions within the nonprofit sector or a Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience.
To ensure compliance with applicable laws, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
Review of Applications will begin immediately and the position will be filled as soon as we find the right candidate. Please send resume and salary requirements along with a cover letter of no more than 2 pages in which you respond to the following:
- Why is ALIVE’s mission of interest to you?
- How do your experiences, personal strengths and leadership abilities prepare you for this position?
Please email the above listed documents to: