ALIVE’s Internship Program
ALIVE’s mission is to provide counseling, emergency sanctuary and other critical services to adults and children impacted by domestic abuse, as well as to increase awareness in order to create a supportive community. Our interns play a key role in delivering the most comprehensive service levels possible to each client, in order to support restoring safety and peace one family at a time.
Victims of intimate partner violence can call our crisis line to receive immediate assistance, 24 hours a day. ALIVE also provides the community with education about intimate partner violence.
ALIVE has offices in St. Louis County and Franklin County, Missouri.
Activities for undergraduate and first-year graduate students:
- complete domestic violence and crisis intervention training
- answer the crisis line
- conduct intake assessments
- advocate for clients at court
- co-facilitate adult support groups
- administer and score standardized tests
- help with special projects like fundraising, PR, and marketing
Activities for graduate students:
- all above activities, plus,
- conduct individual counseling sessions
- focused Internships available for Children’s Therapy, Research, Management, and/or Non-Profit Development
Weekday, evening, and weekend hours are available.
ALIVE utilizes interns for the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Two-semester students are preferred.
For inquiries, please complete and submit the form, below, or contact:
Jennifer S. Gadsky, MSW, LCSW
Adult Clinical Coordinator
Office: (314) 993-7080 Fax: (314) 567-5629